Recent Posts Recent Posts

Author Topic: PDG SHOCKWAVE 2017  (Read 1674 times)

Lucas Black

• PDG Fighter
  • I speak POLISH. What's your superpower? :D
  • Awards: [SOTW | 17] #12 Winner[SOTW | 17] #10 Winner[The Prediction Contest] NXT Takeover: Orlando Winner[SOTW | 17] #8 Winner[Posterized] Survivor Series '16[The Prediction Contest] NXT Takeover: Toronto Winner[Posterized] Clash of Champions '16Best of the Week: UNDERGROUND #1[Posterized] Payback '16Best of the Week: HELLCITY #23[The Prediction Contest] NXT Takeover Dallas Joint Winner w/ Ara[TLC] The Logo Challenge #2 WinnerBest of the Week: HELLCITY #9Best of the Week: HellCity #6
Re: PDG Shockwave 2017
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2017, 08:10:34 PM »
GHERDEZ & LUCAS BLACK ENTRY

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Staples

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2017, 09:15:08 PM »
Not my best work, but i had zero motivation and shit. Btw: its a homage to the Apocalypse Now posters and the artworks of the new Kong movie:

(click to show/hide)

metalteo96

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2017, 10:19:47 PM »
MY ENTRY!
(click to show/hide)
GFX World Champion (2 Times)
GFX Tag Team Champion (1 Time) with AccidentalArtist

Workoutf

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2017, 11:14:06 PM »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
When i lost all my excuses ... i found all my Results !

Workoutf

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2017, 11:23:55 PM »
Workoutf & Terbox Entry !
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 11:54:15 PM by Workoutf »
When i lost all my excuses ... i found all my Results !

Rhyse

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2017, 02:50:24 AM »
MY ENTRY

(click to show/hide)

https://i.imgbox.com/eNfftloU.png
AIN'T NOBODY PRAYING FOR ME.

Oggy

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2017, 05:55:33 PM »
(click to show/hide)
"unless oggy is too fucking awesome to have a brand and can partake in any"

"First and only Legendary superstar, Oggy."

Jagged

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2017, 08:19:16 PM »
I hope i'm not late. If that's the case, please accept my entry

(click to show/hide)

danielebetter

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2017, 10:02:37 PM »
Thanks for the entries everyone!

Here we go....

7th)   HLR1996
The idea is not bad at all, I like the two lights at the sides of Orton, like good/evil, but the text effect ruins it all (does not fit the overall style) and the whole signature has no great impact.

6th)   SLAM
I would have liked (and probably give you the 5th position) if Randy Orton was written over the signature, behind the render but from left to right one row. Colours are too extreme I guess, not nice as effect.

5th)   LUCAS BLACK
Not a fan of the right side, font so random and dark I would have rather have none.

4th)   ARA
I see some cyan-blue lightness on this that surely shuts down the impact. Better contrast and depth would've been better. The text is cool but effects behind it are not the best thing... better without.

3rd)   ANDREA
Nice composition, gif placed nice, but with better contrast, saturation and depth you were fighting for the win for sure. It looks plain now.

2nd) WORKOUTF
Not very clear you put snakes at the sides, but it's very effective the product, for lightning /but you're a master in that I noticed/ I love the dark greenish style there.

1st) AND THE WINNER IS... OGGY !!!!
Flawless sign, nice looking style and effects. Congratulations.
keep up motherfuckers!

danielebetter

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2017, 10:12:41 PM »
Both entries are good for what I asked, props both teams.

Layout of Lucas and Gherdez entry is better, maybe Angle bigger than the guys behind him was even better. But impact and details of Workoutf and Terbox's entry are far better, they just put the renders too high leaving some empty stock photo from center to the bottom. Of course you made a specific choice, a smart one indeed because that is the hardest part, to fill dead-space. :D

What I think makes the difference here is colours, vivid and impactful by the champions and dead-dark by the opponents. Text-work in Lucas/Gherdez's is horrible: Gotham on top and some barely-visible different kind at the bottom... worst choice ever. Professional looking texts by the champions instead.

WINNERs AND STILL TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS.... WORKOUTF & TERBOX !!!!!!!

keep up motherfuckers!

danielebetter

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2017, 10:20:37 PM »
None of the works are something I meant for an official looking front-cover of a DVD.

For a poster, Jagged wins easy. Classy background and effects (but the V of the text needs to be green like the other letters, even with the blending on the render!!!!) and clean informations.

Darkane has made something like a mockup, but I wasn't asking a mockup, just the front cover image. Plus he didn't mention the name of the collection "Five star career"

But I guess my theme just confused the champion... and I'll fix that.

WINNER... AND NEW UNDERGROUND CHAMPION... JAGGED !!!!!

(click to show/hide)
keep up motherfuckers!

danielebetter

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2017, 10:31:01 PM »

STAPLES: You already know that... zero motivation (hope it's not for me being late in everything  :( ) and it's clear... font is child-ish and no-sense.

METALTEO: official looking stuff, not really summer, fireworks are guaranteed for the match but it's not enough to win. Great piece by the way.

WORKOUTF... OGGY... same style chosen, I like both.

(click to show/hide)
keep up motherfuckers!

danielebetter

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2017, 10:40:38 PM »
I thought Glinja would've been much prepared and ready for this but the pressure choked him down, the heat just burnt him.. worst entry in months from Glinja. You can't go for the Hardcore title, with hardcore match stips creating something so dark, without any impact or proper lightning, confusing background (i barely see images you blended) and renders almost mixed to the background in one undefined colour.

Rhyse won just with class, simply but yet effective style poster, putting the minimum effort to get the biggest result, easy title defense. Chairs and fire are placed random in my opinion and the "Snickers" logo is something useless on that, I did not ask an official poster with all tag/info/logos lol.

WINNER AND STILL HARDCORE CHAMPION.... RHYSE!!!!!!
keep up motherfuckers!

Staples

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2017, 03:29:00 PM »
congrats to workout! You definitely deserved it  :ok And shout out to oggy and metalteo, great works as well.