Recent Posts Recent Posts

Author Topic: PDG OVERDRIVE #6  (Read 1883 times)

Throwaway

PDG OVERDRIVE #6
« on: October 11, 2016, 04:00:17 PM »

BATTLE ROYAL

Battle royals will now be held over in the Battles board. Superstars from both rosters are allowed to participate.

GOLD VS LUCAS BLACK VS ARA VS STYL3SPROD

Subject: Dolph Ziggler's Next Opponent
Stipulation: After winning the Intercontinental Championship from The Miz, Dolph Ziggler is now looking to the future. The SmackDown roster is filled with Superstars who will be gunning for his title, but who will be his opponent for Survivor Series? Choose any SmackDown Superstar and create a piece promoting a match between them and Dolph Ziggler for the Intercontinental Championship. Include the date, the show (Survivor Series 2016), taglines, logos, and anything else you want to include.
Size: Anything vertical

OGGY VS WEEDYZZ VS KOHOPKAPAH

Subject: The Wyatts Take Over
Stipulation: At No Mercy, the WWE Universe was shocked when Bray Wyatt picked up a victory against Randy Orton with the help of the returning Luke Harper. Now Wyatt and Harper have their sights set on a new target: the SmackDown Tag Team Championships. Create a piece promoting a match between the Wyatt Family (Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper) and the SmackDown Tag Team Champions (does not have to be the current champions). Include the date, taglines, logos, and anything else you wish to include. Remember to mention somewhere that this match will be a title match for the SmackDown Tag Team Championships.
Size: Anything horizontal

STEF VS DANIELEBETTER VS JERIKANE

Subject: The New SmackDown Women's Champion
Stipulation: With news of Becky Lynch being injured and not competing at No Mercy, people are speculating that she may have to drop the SmackDown Women's Championship. The SmackDown women's division are all in contention for the vacant title - but so are some of the opportunistic NXT women. Choose any SmackDown or NXT member of the women's division (that isn't Becky Lynch) and create a piece promoting her as the new SmackDown Women's Champion.
Size: Anything vertical

RAKA VS KING FRAH VS WORKOUTF VS TERBOX

Subject: The Club's Interbrand Warfare
Stipulation: After being unsuccessful against the New Day, The Club need to find a way to reassert their dominance in WWE. But to do that, they don't just want to be powerful on RAW - they want to show influence on SmackDown and NXT as well. For Survivor Series, The Club has made an open challenge to any SmackDown or NXT tag team to face them in a tornado tag team match. Choose any SmackDown or NXT tag team and create a piece promoting their match against The Club. Include the date, the show (Survivor Series 2016), taglines, logos, and anything else you think is necessary.
Size: Any

MONEY IN THE BANK BRIEFCASE VS PDG UNDISPUTED CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

SWERVE VS LUCKE

Subject: Lesnar vs Goldberg
Stipulation: The WWE Universe has exploded with news of Goldberg returning to WWE next week on RAW, and with the additional news that he is set to face Brock Lesnar, fans are going wild. Will Goldberg be the one to defeat The Beast? Or will Lesnar claim another victim? One thing is for sure - it's going to be a hell of a match, one that can only be contained with a structure big enough for the two warlords. At Hell in a Cell, Goldberg will take on Lesnar in a Hell in a Cell match, and it is your job to create a piece promoting this match. Include the date, taglines, logos, and anything else you want to include. Make sure to create an epic piece that suits the epic proportions of this match.
Size: Any

Apologies again for the wait, this weekend was my birthday so I was doing what humans do and not doing jack. I know there's been issues lately with delays and I apologise, I will try my best to sort them out. Good luck PDG Superstars!

DUE DATE:
15TH OCTOBER 2016

[/size]
(click to show/hide)

Luca

Re: PDG OVERDRIVE #6
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 08:34:47 PM »
Great card as always, good luck @Swerve .

Swerve

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 09:12:00 PM »
Good luck to you as well @Lucke

*Credit to Ara for the awesome sig*

PDG ACHIEVEMENTS
-1x PDG Undisputed Champion
-3x PDG Tag Team Champion (2x w/Raka) (1x w/Food4Thoughtz)
-2016 Overdrive Cash In The Case Winner

danielebetter

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 11:44:01 PM »
Great card but I WILL NOT POST because it's really disrespectful that Subject: The New SmackDown Women's Champion as we're rookies or whatever, what the hell is this... i'm not making any graphics about anything related to women's division guys are you kidding me.... not inspiring at all, nothing special or beautiful can be sorted out... if you're going to change it i will be happy to compete this week.
keep up motherfuckers!

Glinja

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 12:20:39 AM »
Great card but I WILL NOT POST because it's really disrespectful that Subject: The New SmackDown Women's Champion as we're rookies or whatever, what the hell is this... i'm not making any graphics about anything related to women's division guys are you kidding me.... not inspiring at all, nothing special or beautiful can be sorted out... if you're going to change it i will be happy to compete this week.
What the fuck are you talking about? What is so bad about this stipulation that you can't make anything for it? This is just you being plain lazy because you don't want to make anything about Womens. You are being disrespectful to Throwaway because he was the one who chose and made that stipulation for you.

Stop being a lazy ass bitch and make something.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 12:43:09 AM by Glinja »

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Rhyse

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 02:05:51 AM »

Must be some great card if you're complaining about it, huh?

Quite honestly, you've been pretty vocal about your opinions here - both on the shoutbox and on the board itself. And frankly, you should  be thankful that you even got a match this week. No one's treating you like a rookie, plenty of artists (myself included) have had to make pieces based on women's wrestling. Frankly, I don't see your reasoning. It doesn't really make a difference whether you're making a piece on a woman or a man - what I'm sensing is that you're afraid to expand your skills to something outside your comfort zone. I could be wrong on that, though. Whatever the case may be, it's not only disrespectful to authority figures like Throwaway and myself, but it's disrespectful to this community as a whole.

Step it up, make something. We don't care what it is. But I will not allow you to sit here and falsely point fingers at anyone.
AIN'T NOBODY PRAYING FOR ME.

STYL3SPROD

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 10:23:30 PM »
My entry for the Battle Royal, good luck everyone :)

(click to show/hide)

danielebetter

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 10:24:44 PM »

Quite honestly, you've been pretty vocal about your opinions here - both on the shoutbox and on the board itself. And frankly, you should  be thankful that you even got a match this week. No one's treating you like a rookie, plenty of artists (myself included) have had to make pieces based on women's wrestling. Frankly, I don't see your reasoning. It doesn't really make a difference whether you're making a piece on a woman or a man - what I'm sensing is that you're afraid to expand your skills to something outside your comfort zone. I could be wrong on that, though. Whatever the case may be, it's not only disrespectful to authority figures like Throwaway and myself, but it's disrespectful to this community as a whole.

Step it up, make something. We don't care what it is. But I will not allow you to sit here and falsely point fingers at anyone.

it's no disrespectful at all towards anybody, just because the goal for this league is having fun of course, but then is to let people improve with their graphics motivating them to make better things, enjoying their road to the championship just like a wrestler aims to win every match till the main event of wrestlemania.

you've given a pre-main event match the treatment of a poor preliminary card clash. you should consider the more important the match is, the hardest or by the way the charming should be the subject. this thing about women division doesn't encourage me to make something better than my work before just because it's a poor indication, it's too generic, you can't make an effort on something, if you have 3 different works which one would you let win... the one with better quality, the one with glitter text or the one where she's hot as fuck but is not celebrating her gold?

if you want to be the manager of a league where there are two divisions, make them different and captivating. in the underground you can give these kind of subjects, because people are starting, but in the overdrive division you should aim to see beautiful graphics where the skills matter... so let's enjoy something like ''wwe is launching their new entrance music soundtracks, make the impactful coverart and back-cover with tracklist using their most dominant wrestlers'' or even ''advertise the upcoming dvd about a classic match of the past like the first hell in a cell or the legendary matches at wrestlemania with the undertaker'' ....

you can't play the card of ''we put effort to create a show'' because you also have to be professional, high level artists need high level treatments and matches... and it's for me as for your champions or the next big things here. if you need to do simple things because you fear people would get bored i get it, it's ok then, but don't expect me to thank you and open photoshop for something so stupid.

with love, daniele.  :beers2
keep up motherfuckers!

Oggy

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 02:28:23 AM »
Entry for my Match
V1
(click to show/hide)
V2
(click to show/hide)
"unless oggy is too fucking awesome to have a brand and can partake in any"

"First and only Legendary superstar, Oggy."

Ara

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2016, 03:46:47 AM »
My Entry vs. Gold vs. Lucas Black vs. Styl3sprod

V1 :
(click to show/hide)
Link : https://i.imgbox.com/vK2be9wB.png

V2 :
(click to show/hide)
Link : https://i.imgbox.com/63z25H5Y.png

two time Slammy Award 2016 Winner (w/ Rhyse)
first ever Underground Champion

Lucas Black

• PDG Fighter
  • I speak POLISH. What's your superpower? :D
  • Awards: [SOTW | 17] #22 Winner[Posterized!] Wrestlemania 33[SOTW | 17] #12 Winner[SOTW | 17] #10 Winner[The Prediction Contest] NXT Takeover: Orlando Winner[SOTW | 17] #8 Winner[Posterized] Survivor Series '16[The Prediction Contest] NXT Takeover: Toronto Winner[Posterized] Clash of Champions '16Best of the Week: UNDERGROUND #1[Posterized] Payback '16Best of the Week: HELLCITY #23[The Prediction Contest] NXT Takeover Dallas Joint Winner w/ Ara[TLC] The Logo Challenge #2 WinnerBest of the Week: HELLCITY #9Best of the Week: HellCity #6
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2016, 05:38:07 PM »
ENTRY FOR MY OVERDRIVE DEBUT MATCH

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

SIGNATURE MADE BY GHERDEZ

JeriKane

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2016, 11:24:01 PM »
Entry for my match:
(click to show/hide)

KohopKapah

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2016, 01:16:47 PM »
Still having saving and quality issues  :facepalm

(click to show/hide)
Get my renders Here
See my work Here

(click to show/hide)

Throwaway

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2016, 02:03:36 PM »

it's no disrespectful at all towards anybody, just because the goal for this league is having fun of course, but then is to let people improve with their graphics motivating them to make better things, enjoying their road to the championship just like a wrestler aims to win every match till the main event of wrestlemania.

you've given a pre-main event match the treatment of a poor preliminary card clash. you should consider the more important the match is, the hardest or by the way the charming should be the subject. this thing about women division doesn't encourage me to make something better than my work before just because it's a poor indication, it's too generic, you can't make an effort on something, if you have 3 different works which one would you let win... the one with better quality, the one with glitter text or the one where she's hot as fuck but is not celebrating her gold?

if you want to be the manager of a league where there are two divisions, make them different and captivating. in the underground you can give these kind of subjects, because people are starting, but in the overdrive division you should aim to see beautiful graphics where the skills matter... so let's enjoy something like ''wwe is launching their new entrance music soundtracks, make the impactful coverart and back-cover with tracklist using their most dominant wrestlers'' or even ''advertise the upcoming dvd about a classic match of the past like the first hell in a cell or the legendary matches at wrestlemania with the undertaker'' ....

you can't play the card of ''we put effort to create a show'' because you also have to be professional, high level artists need high level treatments and matches... and it's for me as for your champions or the next big things here. if you need to do simple things because you fear people would get bored i get it, it's ok then, but don't expect me to thank you and open photoshop for something so stupid.

with love, daniele.  :beers2

Late to this argument but oh well, it's stuff like this that stops me from coming here as much as I'd like to. I don't mind when complaints are relevant and necessary (such as the delays, issues with sign-ups and board organisation), but this is just something that rubs me the wrong way for obvious reasons. Which is a shame because I can see a genuine complaint, you've just gone about it in an awful way.

Like Rhyse said, many people have had to make pieces based on women. Thinking that there's some kind of level of stipulations isn't exactly true sure, there's some that are a lot simpler than others for opening matches and the like, and some more complex for PPVs, but that's it. And quite frankly, I don't have time to sit here and come up with new and fresh ideas for every single match, because just like everyone else, I have things I need to do in my real life as well. Trust me, I'd love to come up with interesting stipulations every single week, but it's just not possible for me right now.

But now onto the issue you have with this being a women's stip. Do you not have the ability to see past them being women? If you can't come up with something, then maybe you should try to show the level of creativity that you're demanding from Rhyse and myself and think outside of the box. Take a look at the SmackDown women: you could do Naomi with the glow/neon look she's sporting, Carmella with the New Jersey aspect, or Alexa Bliss and something similar to the Harley Quinn style she currently has. Hell, I can think of about five different ideas off of the top of my head right now. If you can't come up with anything, then think about it for more than five seconds and show some level of creativity with the stip.

I can understand to a degree what you're saying about shows and interesting stips, but refusing to make a piece won't get you anywhere. Nor will talking back to members of the board like you did with Glinja, who whilst wasn't exactly in the right, was still bringing up a valid point. Also, I've done different stips in the past, ones related to DVD covers and movie posters, and people complained because they found them too challenging which is why I don't do them as much. But if anything, those kinds of stips restrict creativity. Being specific with those kinds of ideas can hinder people too much as I found out, whereas stips for the shows now are more open to allow for more creativity and variety. You think your stip is too generic, yet you haven't seen what some people produce when I ask for a cover for WWE2K games it's almost exactly the same thing repeated for every member of the match.

Also, I hate to get on a high horse or whatever, but don't sit there and talk down about the work we do as GMs. Yes, recently we've been slacking, but we're trying our best to improve here and we do a lot. You might not think it's a lot of work, but we take time out of our very busy lives to think of different stips every week and create these shows all for free. So of course not everything is going to be up to a high quality sometimes stipulation-wise, but at least you're getting a match and an opportunity to make something. If you have an issue, you can bring it up respectfully like Josue did earlier this week with the thread he made, or you can PM me. But do not sit there and refuse to participate just because you don't want to make a piece for your stip. Do you know how many stips I've had that I had no ideas for, or that I hated, or that I thought were very generic? Quite a few. But do you know how many times I refused to make a piece for them? Zero. Because I made an effort and at least did something, even if it was an experimental piece or not very good, I tried.

Like I said, I can see you have genuine points in this, but it comes across as disrespectful when you make a scene out of an issue you could have just PMed me about. If you don't want to make a piece, then don't, but it doesn't help your case at all. I just apologise to the people who could have been booked in your place, who would have taken this opportunity to try anything and see if they could improve or learn something new, whilst raising issues with me in a respectful way through PM.
(click to show/hide)

Stef

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2016, 03:40:00 PM »
Entry for my match

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
[/b]